Current Issue 13thFebruary 2016 - 19 February 2016, i.e. No. 45
Q & As

1 - 15 out of 240
Dear Sir, I have completed 3 Yrs. Diploma in Architectural Assistantship in 2000 from U.P.B.T.E. Please can you guide in which govt. depts. we can work and for which post.

The Public Works Department, the state housing board and related government departments and organisations are likely to be the prospective employees. You could take to the teachers of your institution for leads 07/08/2009

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
i m an architect with 1 year exp. working in private compony at new delhi. i want to switch in govt sector like coal india limited, railway, banking etc. is there any hope for me. kindly help me.

You have to track recruitment notifications to identify suitable opportunities and apply. Employment News itself carries a number of such recruitment notifications as they come up. 07/08/2009

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
Sir, I have did B. Tech ECE in the year 2005. I am currently working in a documentation work for a bank and am interested to move to engineering core jobs. Is there any possibility to get jobs in my core subject

This is not the right time to consider a job change at all since recruitments are either slow or non-existent at least in the private sector. However, you can check with recruitment consultants and if there is a suitable offer, you may consider a change.Also track public sector jobs and apply. 07/08/2009

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I am continuing my in Electronics and telecoms. engg. Due to the recession software market is down and hardly leaves a fewer opportunity for us. So what are the core company that will recruit us.I need some information on embedded system and good institute providing courses on it.

There are various public sector companies inviting applications from engineering graduates, as also the insurance companies which are recruiting from among engineering graduates, so you should keep track of such recruitment notifications on a regular basis to spot them. Choice of programmes/ institutions for studying embedded systems are M Tech in Embedded Systems at DOEACC Centre Calicut (, M Tech (VLSI and Embedded Systems) at ER &DCI Institute of Technology under C-DAC, Thiruvananthapuram (, 2 year M S Embedded Systems Design at International Institute of Information Technology , Pune(, 6 months full time P G D in Embedded System & VLSI Design(PGDEVD) at C DAC, Noida (, 6-months full-time Certificate course in Embedded System Design at VLSI Design & Research Centre, Dept of Electronic Science,Pune( ), M S Embedded Systems at Manipal University, Manipal ( Indicative listing. For more examples, track admission notifications

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
Hi, I am doing A. M. I. E. (section B), & i completed my diploma in instrumentation in year 2001 + completed b. com from Y.C.M.O.U. Please tell me in which field shall i apply for a job?

You can apply for jobs for all graduates, for jobs for commerce graduates and also for jobs for engineering graduates after AMIE Section B is completed. You would have to review the eligibility criteria of the jobs that appeal to you, and apply to those that you are qualified and eligible for, in line with your own interest and ability.The decision is upto you and based on availability and suitability. You may not get selected for jobs where you fit the eligibility criteria because there may be other contenders better than you. Hence, you should spread the search wide.(16.03.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I'm doing my B.Tech agricultural engineering(TNAU).plz tell me about the job opportunity in this course &also give information about higher studies.

Agricultural engineers solve problems related to agricultural equipment, water quality and water management, biological products, livestock facilities, food processing, and many other agricultural areas. There are jobs in the government, in agro processing, in food industry, agricultural power and equipment design, in banks, and insurance companies, and there is scope for higher studies in the same field as also for diversification into agribusiness management, IPR law, agricultural biotechnology,etc. Indicative examples. If the college/ university where you are studying offers campus recruitment, then the placement office would be able to give you an idea of the possibilities accordingly.(24.02.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
Sir, I am a 3rd year B-tech(ECE) student want to know how i build my career in terms of Public sector jobs? Is PLC is essential for that? What other career option is there for me?

You should aim to get a clear 65% aggregate at least in your graduation to facilitate your eligibility for employment in the public sector undertakings. Recruitment notifications should be tracked to apply for available vacancies at the right time.(24.02.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
hi! My name is sateesh. iam workinh in Rlys.(Technical side) now i want to study Diploma in mechanical through distance education. (Correspondance) please suggest me the course offering inistitutions in Andhra pradesh, west bengal, orissa & other.

AMIE and IETE conduct diploma and degree programmes that are easy to comprehend and are cheaper also. You may contact local chapters of these organisations in your city. (02.03.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
Sir, I am in a dilemma whether to do M.Tech or join job. I wrote GATE-2009 well and expecting a good rank. I also got a job in a defence PSU as junior manager. Please help me in taking a correct decision.

You can join the job as it will open the doors of more opportunities. You can do your MTech later.(25.02.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
Dear Sir/Madam, I graduated in mechanical engineering in the year 1996 and working in construction field, overseas,about 11 yrs ,I would like to know for OBC quota what is the maximum age to apply for the government job in india and the overseas experience counts for the government job?

The notification for the job you wish to target would give you the upper age limit and the relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidates. Normally, the highest age limit for entry is 30 or 32 years for general candidates, and OBC candidates may get a three year age relaxation. However, not all the services or organizations may have this age limit. Experience in a recognized organization or registered company would count depending on the criteria of relaxations and preferences mentioned in the notification for the service or job you wish to apply for. Hence, don't look for a general cover for your situation, but track recruitment notifications for state and central government jobs and verify. For example, go through the notification of the Engineering Services Examination 2009 on to find out about the age profile. Indicative examples.(28.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I am completed Diploma Electronics & communication. Engg in 2006 now i am working in central Govt org. i am interested in higher studies which one is easy & better AMIE or Part time BE?

IETE i.e Institute of Electronics and Telecom Engineering offers recognised graduate courses that are easy to comprehend. Contact your nearest centre or visit: (27.01.2008)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
iam graduate in enngineering working as ltd company recently i got permanent in this comany, but not satisfied with job I am interested in gov. job specially in communication field so how can i enter?

You have to track vacancies as advertised in the prominent dailies and in Employment News and apply for recruitment. Currently, applications are being invited for the Engineering Services Examination by the Union Public Service Commission and you would find details on State governments also conduct periodic recruitments. Public Sector Undertakings also recruit quite regularly.(22.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
Sir/Mam, I am B.E Mechanical from Mumbai University in 2002. Unfortunately I was not able to get first class because of that i am not eligible afor the post of a lecturer in polytechnic/degree engineering college. plz suggest me any university or college which offers M.E/MTech. in Mechanical engineering (Except AMIE)& by completing this PG course with fisrt class ,i should be eligible for Lecturership in a state university polytechnic/Degree Engg. college.

You can do course from the local chapter of IETE (Institute of Electronics and Telecom Engineers) which is recognised and easy to comprehend. (19.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
I am doing my MTECH(2007-2009) in Digtal communication Engineering,and i am doing my second year project on Digital Signal Processing(DSP) in LRDE(Bangalore).What are my job prospectives? I want to make DSP as my career objective,should i do any additional certification courses on DSP.And tell me what are the companies working on DSP.Please guide me.

Army Signal Core, BSNL, All India Radio, Doordarshan, police department and other government organisations employ professionals like you. Apart from that you can send your resume to Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd for fetching a good job. (website: Meanwhile you can do a course on Digital Signal Processing which is indeed useful. (21.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
Ive completed Btech Mechanical Engg. and iam intrested in doing One Year Pre-sea Traning for Mechanical Engineers. So i would like to know how at get an admission to some reputed institution so that i can assure a job. Also how much it would cost me?

This course at Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai-400033 would cost approx Rs 2 lakhs; and at Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE) Ltd, 5 Dr R N Tagore Road, Near Dunlop Bridge, Kolkata-700056 (, the fee would be Rs 1 lakh (non -residential). Find out also about Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies, Lonavla by visiting or For more choices, keep track of the admission notifications. Find the complete list on Job assurance would have to be verified. There is a scheme for recruitment of Trainee Marine Engineer by the Shipping Corporation of India Ltd, Mumbai of unmarried male and female graduates with Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Naval architecture from AICTE approved Engineering College with minimum 50% marks in the final yer of engineering, and at least 50% marks in English Language at 10th std or 10 + 2 level (Maximum 24years of age) through a written examination. There is a fee of Rs 185000 for the 112 months training and additional Rs 50000 towards STCW modular courses and other expenses. Details on .(01.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
«Previous Result Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »
This week on Employment News Weekly - 28 April 12 - 04 May 12
Career Articles
Incredible ! North East
more career articles »