Current Issue 13thFebruary 2016 - 19 February 2016, i.e. No. 45
Q & As

1 - 15 out of 51
i have done bsc with bio and am presently doing mna .i am concerned about my specialisation i want to chose either hr or finance what are the oppurtunities and will it be feasible to go for finance being from the science background. iam doing regular mba from dehradun institute of technology

A course in HR would cetainly add to your resume and would have good career prospects. (02.03.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
I want to know about the company secretary profession and its job area and what amount of money is required and its duration, where is the best institution for it .

Complete details of the professional training, cost of education and overview of the employment opportunities are given on which is the website of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, the authority which conducts the training for the CS profession.(28.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I have done my Graduation (B.Com) in 2008. Now I want to do PGdca Diploma Please tell me 1. from where I can do this diploma? 2. also tell me about the fees for that cources? Plaese send information about these cources on my e-mail ID

The programme is offered by various universities. Course fees vary with the type of institute, government aided would have lower fees, while private unaided institutions would have higher fees usually. Track admission notifications in the prominent dailies and apply.(02.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
im 28 yrs have done my regular BCOM(FAAT) (50%) and external MCOM in shivaji university pass class,working as accounts assistant for 4 to 5 yearsin pvt firm. what will be the courses which will help me for better prospects. can i do mphil what is the procedure? will i get the admission.if i apply -from goa.

MPhil admission would depend upon the eligibility standards of the concerned university. However, MPhil would not enhance your job market prospects significantly unless it is for lectureship. Since you are working in accounts, you could consider taking up the Accounting Technician's course started by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of india (, or do a post graduate diploma (part-time) in finance from a locally reputed business school or take up such a course through distance education. Indicative examples.(16.12.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
Dear Sir/Madam Am working as Asst Manager (HR&Admin)with a private fianance company and want to do a post graduate degree/diploma in HR. Request you to kindly suggest the best university/source for the same.

Prominent institutions for the two year Post Graduate Diploma or Degree in HR would include XLRI Jamshedpur (, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (, Management Development Institute, Gurgaon ( or , IISWBM Kolkata (,University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh (, etc. Listing is random and not exhaustive. All prominent business schools offering MBA/ equivalent progammes offer HR as a specialisation.(31.12.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I have done graduate in commerce i am looking for job in admistration arena i.e.(Accounts/Clearical/Office work)Please till me which short course should i do so that i can apply for such post? I also have over 1 year experience so please show me way.

You could review the positions in accounts that are approached through the competitive examination by the Staff Selection Commission ( and also apply for such jobs in private companies. To add value you may like to find out about the shortered courses offered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ( You could also look out for the notifications of clerical posts in the various commercial banks in the public sector. For example, recently notifications for recruitment in the Associate Banks of the State Bank of India (, and in Indian Overseas Bank ( and Dena Bank ( have recently appeared in Employment News and on the websites of the respective banks.(30.12.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
i m mba NSFM or BSFM are really a good certificate courses?? and plz tell me list of certificate courses in financial sector

Both the courses are good enough. (14.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
My self smita.MSc(statistics with 79.3%).I want to do Certificate in Acturial Tech.CAT.What is procedure of admission in it.When its exam conduct?Please give me information.

Find out from the Institute of Actuaries of India (

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
is mfc(master in finance and control) from Delhi university a good course to do.Please it recognized for job purpose.

Employment prospects may be ascertained by visiting the website However, individual prospects depend entirely on the quality of the individual's academic record and performance in the programme and how well his/ her projects and summer internship are executed.(27.11.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I m final yr B.Com(H) student,i want to serve in Finance & Banking(investment) industry as analyst or manager. Suggest me which course should i opt(excluding MBA) after Grad. Is PG Diploma in Adavanced Financial Planning and wealth managment(1yr) by Indian Institute of Financial Planning (IIFP) well recognised?

You can choose any course you have mentioned according to your field of interest. The Finance and banking industry is expanding so the career prospects are good. The IIFP is well recognised by the financial institutions for the courses of Fin Planning/wealth management. Visit (17.12.2008)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi

Your dgree in MA (Eco) is sufficient to participate in competitive exams. (10.12.2008)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
i am persuing bba from madurai kamaraj university regular course. sepcilization is finance. & side by side account finance course. what i do after bba.

It would be sufficient have BBA and account finance course. Start searching for jobs. Sooner is better for your career progression. (27.11.2008)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
pls tell me about any course after in banking sector, can i get better job after complited course.

You can do course in actuarial science or other courses offered by Insurance Institute of India website:, or a management course.

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
i am 30 yrs old(19-10-1977)and working in Directorate of revenue intelligence as tax assistant. i am msc Maths and want to know what are the future prospects of correspondence degree in forensic science from NLU, Jodhpur for me.

Experts in Forensic science can find employment with law enforcement agencies, police, legal system and in the investigative services of the government and also private agencies. They can also work as teachers in institutes that conduct courses in this subject. Opportunities for forensic scientists exist in government organisations such as the Intelligence Bureau (IB), the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and as investigative officers in the crime cells of state police forces. Forensic experts essentially work in forensic labs and sometimes even in large private detective agencies to establish the link between the criminal and the crime. Career Options There are variety of options for forensic professionals. They can specialise in subjects as varied as medicine, engineering, fingerprinting, insect study, languages, geology etc.

By: Ms. Dr. Reena kumari
I am an MBA Finance Graduate and i intend to do my P.hd in capital market in "futures and options". Kindly give the names of some institutes in India where i can do my p.hd.(Part time and full time). Also can you suggest the name of some universities abroad which are offering P.hd in capital market. Are there any recruiting agencies recognised by the Government in India and especially in Kerala which helps students to find admission in Universities abroad.

You could try for the Fellow Programme in Management at the IIMs, similar programmes at other prominent business schools like XLRI, JBIMS, etc. Most business schools rated highly for Finance are likely to offer Ph D Finance. You could then look deeper for details of the specialities of their research initiatives. You can also locate agents representing the various universities in the UK from the link Log on to for educational opportunities in Australia and the website of Association of Australian Education Representatives in India (AAERI) at There are also foreign education consultants who offer their services for study abroad. You may consider those recommended by individuals whose judgement you trust.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
« Previous Result Page: 1 2 3 4 Next »
This week on Employment News Weekly - 28 April 12 - 04 May 12
Career Articles
Incredible ! North East
more career articles »