Current Issue 13thFebruary 2016 - 19 February 2016, i.e. No. 45
Q & As

1 - 15 out of 98
Sir/Madam, Have completed B.Sc in Computer Science and learning M.C.A through correspondence. Had been working in a private company as an Software Engineer and lost my job due to recession. Could you please advise if I can apply for any government jobs. My age is 27. Thank you.

As you know it is hard to get regular government jobs nowadays. But don't get disheartened many govt PSUs like BSNL and some others are employ computer professional on contractual basis. See newspaper advertisements and also follow career links of their websites. Some of them are:; 07/08/09

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
i m b.a(pass)graduate from delhi universuty with 48% AND HAVE DONE six month course in IT SECURITY ETHICAL HACKING FROM APPIN FRONT RUNNER.IWANT TO PERSUE acourse in computer forensics,m i eligible?,if yes,then from which istitute

Computer forensics is the art and science of applying computer science to aid the legal process. It would be worthwhile to explore post graduate programme in Information Security or Computer Forensics Certifications (with some experience in cyber crime investigation) with the background of graduation in IT or computer applications or computer science .(24.02.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I would like to know to about scope of the LINUX course.Its job opportunities if i persue RHCT(red hat certified technician) or RHCE (red hat certified engineer).I have done PGDCA, will it be beneficial to persue Msc IT (correspondance)simultaneusly with. LINUX course.

Please check practical options with recruitment consultants. Undoubtedly, a formal post graduate degree would be useful for the long term, but a distance education degree may not offer any placement prospects.(24.02.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
Dear sir, am doing MCA. I am interested to do Multimedia courses. How can I do it? Is there any institute conducting online certificate courses? and also want to know abt job oppurtunities for me in Multimedia field...

Multimedia course should be pursued as a classroom programme. However, you can work in the multimedia field as an MCA also. Either track suitable recruitment notifications for the same or prospect for jobs directly with multimedia companies, and also try through recruitment consultants.(24.02.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
what is the carrier in GIS(Geographical information systems)?

It has good career prospect in Remote Sensing, cartography and other related fields. The geological survey of India advertises vacancies for surveyers and geographers from time to time. (25.02.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi

Technical / IT companies and all business using IT, security agencies, computer companies, etc may utilize the services of cyber law specialists. Legal practice is an option for a law graduate as is working as a legal officer in a government or private business organization with a sizeable business. There is also the option of teaching law in professional colleges and of joining the government service in the state. Indicative examples.(22.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh

Choices to explore would include MSc Geoinformatics course at the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing ( University, New Delhi (, University of Pune (, Gandhigram Rural Universtiy, Gandhigram (, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi ( and Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics (SIG), Pune ( also offer post graduate programmes in Geoinformatics. One Year Post Graduate Diploma in Remote Sensing Technology and Geographic Information Systems is offered at K J Somaiya College of Science & Commerce ( and there is a PGD in Geoinformatics (DGI) offered by the Advanced Computing Training School (ACTS), Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) ( as also by TERI University. Examples are indicative.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
Dear Sir; I have completed my graduation with commerce as my stream I Want to mak career in hardware & networking which course is better for I

You can do a course in Hardware and Networking from any reputed organisation or you can contact local DOECC centre. (20.11.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
I have complete my DTP course.I want to become a Graphic Designer,then my what should I?

You can do courses in animation or go for a reputed publishing house. Govt sector organisations like National Book Trust, NCERT and others also hire printing /publishing professionals. NBT also conducts short term courses for such professional. If you have real interest in your field then there is no dearth of jobs. For animation course you can contact any of the Institutions listed below (indicative):Anitoons Productions, New Delhi. 2.Aptech University (at Arena Multimedia Centres) 3. C-DAC, National Multimedia Resource Centre, Agricultural College, Near District Industries Centre, Shivajinagar, Pune 411005 4. C-DAC ( ) multi-location, A-34, Indl Area, Phase-VIII, SAS Nagar, Mohali-160071, 5. Centre for Development of Imaging Technology, Chitranjali Studio Complex, Thiruvallom PO, Thiruvananthapuram (Ker), 6. Film & Television Institute of India, Law College Road, Pune-411004 (Mah), 7. Heart Animation Academy, 7A, Road, #12 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034 (AP) & Mumbai. 8. IIT-Guwahati North Guwahati, Guwahati-781039 (Ass), 9. IIT-Mumbai, Industrial Design Centre, Powai, Mumbai-400076 (Mah), 10. National Institute of Design (NID), Paldi, Ahmedabad-380007 (Guj), 11.Kerala Cartoon Academy, Chittor Road, Kochi 12.Toonz Animation India Private Limited, Nila Technopark Campus, Thiruvananthapuram-695 581. Ph:0471-2416928; E-mail : 13.Pentamedia Graphics Limited, Chennai. 14.The National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad, 15.ZICA Studios, Mumbai, Ph:022-8684485, 8693957,8696663(20.11.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
i get part time BE admision so please tell Branch (Comp/IT). 2)tell name of part time BE coe college name in maharastra

Following is the list of some of the Engineering Colleges that offer the course (list indicative) Padmashri Dr.Vitahalrao Vikhe Patil Col Of Engg (AICTE Approved) Vilad Ghat,M.I.D.C,Ahmednagar-414 111 Email: Pravara Rural Col of Engg (AICTE Approved) Loni, Pravaranagar, Tal.Shrirampur, Dist.Ahmednagar-413736 Maharashtra. E-Mail: Website: Sanjivani Edu Soc Col Of Engg (AICTE Approved) Shahajanagar, Po Shingnapur,Kopergaon,Dist Ahmednagar-423603 Maharashtra. E Mail: Website: SRES College Of Engineering (AICTE Approved) At.Sahajanandnagar P.O.Shingnapur Tal: Kopargaon Website: (21.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
I have done my MCA and am working in a research centre in Goa as a resarcher. I wanted to know whether there are any opportunitites for MCA student to pursue his PhD in IT.. If so, what all unversities provide this PhD..?? In what domains of IT field can be PhD be done..?? Is it necessary to answer GATE to do PhD..?? Please help me..

There are opportunities for PhD at the IITs and other prominent universities and institutions after MCA in the field of computers/ information technology/ software and allied areas, Although you may not need to appear for GATE, the GATE score may also be accepted while applying for admission to PhD programmes or you would have to appear for an entrance examination or the UGC-NET (

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
i have done graduation with botany, zoology from kanpur university . now iwant to do pgdca , so plz give info. about cheap institute in lko. or kanpur.

If you have studied Maths till class 12th, then you could think of doing PGDCA, but if you did not study Maths till class 12th, then it would not be advisable to consider that programme. We cannot provide names of reasonably priced institutions for the course, but you may keep in mind the fact that the government run university departments and colleges which offer the PGDCA course would be among the most reasonably priced ones. However, competition for admission to these institutions is also likely to be very strong.(31.12.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
i have completed my B.E in ET& i want to learn more in the field of embedded systems and prticularly RTOS. please inform me about the institutes providing courses in this field & also some other same courses

The Division of Embedded System Design, Anna University, for example, offers Post-Graduate course in M.E ( There are many other private institutes that offer such courses. (15.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
i am passed my b.e form ECE i want to do postgraduation in embedded designing please suggest me the institute which offer this course and how can i take addmission in that

You can contact your nearest DOEACC centre for the same. (14.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
Sir, I have completed the CERTIFICATE COURSE IN COMPUTERISED ACCOUNTING(TALLY)from Patna University.Now I want to do SAP(Accounting course).Say me the name of institutes where this course is conducted and eligibility for this course.

Pursuing SAP courses without functional experience of around four years would not be advisable. Moreover, SAP courses are not linked to any placement. If you are keen to pursue an accounting career, either pursue the Chartered Accountancy or Cost & Works Accountancy courses offered by ICAI ( or ICWAI ( respectively or explore the possibility of the shorter courses offered by the above institutions.(16.12.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
« Previous Result Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next »
This week on Employment News Weekly - 28 April 12 - 04 May 12
Career Articles
Incredible ! North East
more career articles »